Where I'll be reading today. :) It's very cozy with the light streaming in.
I'm joining in (last minute, of course) with thousands of readers today for Dewey's Read-a-thon! I won't be able to read all day, but I do have quite a few books I want to finish before May 1st (and the Do-a-thon!).
I'm treating today as a "wrap-up day" for all the books I've either (1) been reading forever and can't seem to finish or (2) put down at the beginning of the month and neglected to pick back up. Strangely, I've been enjoying all of the books on this list; life has just been in the way a lot lately.
Other things I need to do today:
Edit several pages of a manuscript before deadline day.
Walk the pup.
Meal prep/buy groceries.
Clean the house, including mountains of laundry.
Scope out some children's books at the library to read to the third-grade class next week.
The good news is that I can listen to my audiobook while I fold said mountain of laundry!
On my TBR today:
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
The Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman (graphic novel)
Monstress by Marjorie Liu (graphic novel)
How People Change by Paul David Tripp and Timothy S. Lane
American Gods by Neil Gaiman (audiobook)
Mini challenge (#1):
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Raleigh, NC
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Dream Thieves
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Banana, berry, and spinach smoothie!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m a full-time book editor and have way too much to read/edit. :)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I didn't participate last time, but I'm looking forward to finally finishing book #2 in the Raven Cycle. I love it, but it's just taking me forever.